Dating east hartford
Abutting its east (front) facade at the north end is a small three-story company fire house of matching red brick.
The Dye House rises three stories high to a low-pitched gable roof and displays two-story-high north and south facades, each of which has 38 brick pilaster-separated bays.
Three years later the company built Taylor Reservoir to provide water for its factories and fire protection for both the mills and nearby houses, and in 1889 it organized the subsidiary South Manchester Water Company which erected more reservoirs and eventually furnished water for most of the community.
Later Cheney Brothers' Manchester Electric Company supplied electricity for the entire town.
Cheney Brothers, Inc., utilizes eight of the mills, and various other owners and tenants occupy the rest.
Except for one gray-painted brick structure, all these buildings are red brick with green-painted window, door, and roof trim.
Highlighting the tower are brick quoins, belting, and corbeling plus round-arched front windows and occasional keystones.